While playing an online game, Ping is one of the most critical factors on which we should look. Because if the game is facing high Ping, then we would not be able to use our game properly and hence face some lag issues also.
But few people do not know about Ping and how to find it. If you are one of those people, then do follow this post till the end, as here we are going to have a look at the steps with the help of which you can see the Ping in Fortnite.
Not only that, but we will also have a look at a few tips & tricks with the help of which we can take advantage of a low ping while playing Fortnite.
What do you mean by Ping?
Before heading forward with the main section where we discuss the steps to check Ping in Fortnite, let us first have a look at “what do you mean by Ping?”
Those who are unaware of what Ping is, so it is considered as a connection between a host of games and your internet connection. If the connection is good, then it is regarded as a low ping, but if the connection between both ends is not fine, then that would be called a high ping.
This is why, before starting an online game, most people have a look at the network connection speed of various servers. Hence then connect their network or game with the best speed providing server.
How to check Ping in Fortnite?
Here is the list of steps with the help of which you can check Ping in Fortnite:
- In the first step, you need to visit the Setting menu of Fortnite.
- From there, scroll down to the Game tab.
- Then you need to find the Matchmaking section and click on it.
- You would be able to check the Ping of your Fortnite game besides the Server section.
This was all about the steps with the help of which you can check the Ping in Fortnite. You can also get a continuous notification for your Fortnite game ping, and for doing so, you can move to the Game tab and then click on HUD.
With the help of this small method, you would be able to get a continuous ping update on your Fortnite game.
Also Read: 100+ Cool Fortnite Names and Nicknames
How to get a better ping?
Here is the list of tips and tricks with the help of which you can get better latency in Fortnite:
- Firstly you need to have a look at your internet connection if it’s possible then you can go for a wired connection. As a wired connection would be more stable than wifi.
- You would be able to notice an enhancement in the Fortnite game ping by making some changes in your system requirements, such as graphics card and many more such things.
- You can get a better ping by selecting the most appropriate server for your Fortnite game.
- You can get an enhanced ping by lowering your game graphics.